Reply To: 1920 lines horizontal sampling/output for all inputs + aspect ratio controls

NewHome Forums OSSC, OSSC Pro and DExx-vd isl OSSC – Feature Requests 1920 lines horizontal sampling/output for all inputs + aspect ratio controls Reply To: 1920 lines horizontal sampling/output for all inputs + aspect ratio controls

marqs
Participant

@Thomago: You can actually disable the “hidden” upsampling in 240p/288p/384p/480i/576i Line2x modes by enabling “AV3 interlace fix”. That way you can crank sampling rate to 2046 and still get a picture.

@paulb_nl
: It’d need a fixed pair of PLL outputs, e.g. 2x for sampling and 5x for output. In theory, Cyclone IV PLLs could be configured dynamically with ALTPLL_RECONFIG, but it’s not very flexible in practice (if I recall right, you can only switch between pre-defined configurations).

@awe444
: Are you sure native progressive mode games use 800 dots/line output? From what I could gather from an unofficial PS2 video mode doc, default parameters for DTV-480p indicate standard 858 dot output (sum HSVS and HS columns of SYNCH1 listing). For VESA 640×480 (VESA-1A), the number is spec-compliant 800, but it’d be a bit surprising if progressive scan games really use this mode.