Reply To: Bad audio quality through SCART from Genesis (using headphone out) – OSSC 1.6

NewHome Forums OSSC & OSSC Pro OSSC – Discussion and support Bad audio quality through SCART from Genesis (using headphone out) – OSSC 1.6 Reply To: Bad audio quality through SCART from Genesis (using headphone out) – OSSC 1.6

Damn-Deal-Done
Participant

I can confirm that the update has fixed the digital noise on my VA1 NTSC-J Mega Drive. So cheers to the devs.

I believe in some cases the digital noise might be masked by the console’s distortion, so some people may be unaware it exists at all. If you know what you are listening for it is obvious though. Especially when in my case the noise was not perfectly uniform across the stereo as per one of the audio examples pages back.

The update has cleared the noise up completely so now I only hear the true distortion generated within the Mega Drive itself but only on some games. But this distortion is noise free now.

If anyone needs a good example of a loud, distorted game for testing their audio mods I suggest ‘Rolo To The Rescue’. It is a very loud game. The most distorted I have come across so far.