Reply To: TV compatibility report thread

NewHome Forums OSSC & OSSC Pro OSSC – Discussion and support TV compatibility report thread Reply To: TV compatibility report thread

TomDWC
Participant

LG 32LJ610V

Tested with OSSC 1.6 running firmware v0.78

240p
Passthrough: Y
Line2x: Y
Line3x: Y
Line4x: Y*
Line5x: Y

Tested with a PS1 and N64.

Line 5x works great and it’s what I use, it’s stable and I didn’t have to change any settings. Line 3x is also very crisp due to the smaller size, if you don’t want to fill the screen. Passthrough looks particularly awful in comparison, so the TVs internal scaler appears to handle 240p sources poorly and it really shows off the difference through the OSSC. I still like how the scanlines look even at 5x.

*Line 4x displays in 16:9 aspect ratio by default. This can be manually overridden in the TV settings, though it appears in a slightly smaller frame than line 2x and 3x.

480i
Passthrough: Y
Line2x (bob): Y
Line3x (laced): N*
Line4x (bob): Y

I’m not as familiar with how interlaced and bob deinterlacing should behave, though my observations are that passthrough may be more desirable for some. Scanlines were much more apparent whereas these were barely noticeable using bob, which also had the flicker you would expect. I’m using Line4x (bob) and I’m happy with how it looks, without scanlines.

*Sound but no picture.

480p
Not Tested.

Other Comments

There’s pretty much nothing in the way of reviews for this model, so here are some general thoughts on the TV having used it for a week or so. If you’re space limited and need a 32” panel, for the price this is a great choice in my opinion. I found a Romanian review that claimed the input lag under the game preset was 26ms. Going from the OSSC into the TV with no added lag and using the 240p test suite, I was averaging between 20-30ms in the manual lag test. So this figure seems accurate. Very acceptable.

It does need quite a bit of adjustment to the settings out of the box to get the best out of it – it’s very cool by default. Sharpness defaults at 25 – I’m not sure this is its 0 mark, it’s subtle but felt like something was being added. I’ve set mine to 0 and pixels still look nice and sharp to me.

As with all IPS panels expect some IPS glow, but it’s not too bad if you put some LED backlighting behind it and it’s only noticeable in a dark room (unless you’re off centre). Once you tone down the backlight it’s OK. My unit doesn’t appear to exhibit any noticeable bleed.

Its biggest weakness is probably its handling of rapid motion, though I’m used to a high refresh rate TN and a noughties plasma. Both of these handle motion incredibly well so my standards might just be a little high. It’s not been an issue for me so far, though if you’re sensitive to this I’d recommend turning all the enhancement crap off first and seeing how you find it on something fast paced.