Reply To: OSSC PS2/Xbox Settings

NewHome Forums OSSC & OSSC Pro OSSC – Discussion and support OSSC PS2/Xbox Settings Reply To: OSSC PS2/Xbox Settings

Gummi
Participant

I’m sure I don’t need to tell you but the black borders on the sides are normal, they should be bigger in fact unless the game supports 16:9 or you like the image to be stretched. I could be wrong, but I think the border you’re seeing at the top is simply the unfortunate PAL squish, where a game has not been optimized for the 576 PAL resolution and is instead simply the 480 NTSC resolution with black bars in the extra lines of horizontal resolution, resulting in a squished image. A very common thing in PAL games. When you switch to PAL60, the resolution changes to 480 lines, eliminating the squish and the black bars. One of the many reasons to mostly avoid PAL consoles and games for pre-HD consoles.

Edit: The photo isn’t good enough to be able to tell what’s going on with the XBOX. And what do you mean by rough edges? Are you sure your TV’s sharpness setting isn’t making it look worse? Kinda looks like sharpening artifacts in the photo, but it’s too blurry to tell.