Reply To: No HDMI audio on OSSC 1.6

NewHome Forums OSSC & OSSC Pro OSSC – Discussion and support No HDMI audio on OSSC 1.6 Reply To: No HDMI audio on OSSC 1.6

CastingDreams
Participant

On the other hand, since the next step in the evolution of the OSSC is going to be a different piece of hardware altogether, how much sense does it make to put time and effort into changing things up for the current, soon-to-be-deprecated generation of OSSC hardware? (Plus, the manual is quite clear about which firmware you need for which hardware.)

What’s obvious to an experienced user like yourself is not necessarily obvious to someone new to the field…
Instead of reflexively disagreeing with my suggestion, try and put yourself in their shoes, or just imagine you’re downloading firmware for a new device?
Obviously the choice is not mine, and it’s not a particularly big deal either – but I think bringing up “time and effort” is a little exaggerated, we are just talking about a simple rename here.

On the other hand, I had no idea a new generation of OSSCs was about to be released? Last I read, Markus was working on refactoring the OSSC’s firmware.