Reply To: Need help with setting up OSSC 1.6 for PS2

NewHome Forums OSSC & OSSC Pro OSSC – Discussion and support Need help with setting up OSSC 1.6 for PS2 Reply To: Need help with setting up OSSC 1.6 for PS2

NoAffinity
Participant

Just a quick update on the cable received from Gamestop. It was NOT an official PS cable. It was, in fact a universal cable, for Wii, PS2/3 and Xbox.

So, I used the “hold in store” function on gamestop’s web site to query a couple local stores for the cable. I got an e-mail confirmation that it was being held at one of the stores, and I called that store to make sure I wasn’t going to waste more of my time. The gal working in the store was very helpful, and confirmed that what she had was indeed an official PS cable. So, I went and picked it up, and she was even kind enough to exchange the one received from the online order. Not a bad score, considering what they sell for on feebay and such.

Long story short, if you’re on the hunt for an official PS2/3 component cable, query your local stores through the web site. Ordering online is obviously a crap shoot.

WhatsApp-Image-2018-06-24-at-1.45.56-PM.jpg