Reply To: Newbie Starting Out – need opinions

NewHome Forums OSSC & OSSC Pro OSSC – Discussion and support Newbie Starting Out – need opinions Reply To: Newbie Starting Out – need opinions

BuckoA51
Keymaster

Thats only true when the sync resistor is in the SCART end and only with an unshielded cable. By forcing people to use a cable without a resistor you are making it incompatible with CSYNC cables for stock consoles.

Definitely better to have the resistor on the console end but even so the best way is to correct internally. Voultar even explains why in a post on Shmups but I can’t find it at the moment.

It is likely that someone will connect such a cable to a stock console and send 5 volt to their OSSC or even worse a stock PAL console with 12 volt. All of this can be avoided by just outputting TTL sync.

Many older cables lack the resistor on the sync line anyway. When Borti originally designed the amp I would guess that’s how most of them were. For the +12 volt I guess the resistor could act like a makeshift fuse.

I could use that with my “un-modded” 2-chip through the OSSC to see if I like the trade off for sharpness vs the slight visual issues with the 1-chip JR correct? From what I can see, that very cable works fine with a stock 2-chip. Thanks!

Yep as long as it’s a NTSC console.