Reply To: Passive/Manual HDMI Switch Compatible with NTSC SNES on OSSC

NewHome Forums OSSC & OSSC Pro OSSC – Discussion and support Passive/Manual HDMI Switch Compatible with NTSC SNES on OSSC Reply To: Passive/Manual HDMI Switch Compatible with NTSC SNES on OSSC

nmalinoski
Participant

My understanding is that there are no passive HDMI switchers; every HDMI switcher does some level of processing, I imagine at the very least to understand the signal and relay communication between the device and the display.

The SNES is widely known to have a jittery sync, which is not accepted by all devices, particularly digital ones, and the NTSC SNES runs at a 60.08Hz framerate, which can cause its own problems. Since you’re not experiencing problems with the SNES+OSSC directly to the display (have you tried 5x?), I agree that it’s the switcher at fault, which appears less tolerant of either the sync or the framerate.

If you haven’t already installed a dejitter mod in your SNES, I would start there; but, if the switch doesn’t like the framerate, then you’ll need to get a different switcher, like the ViewHD Prosumer 4×1.