Reply To: Advice for splitting component to both OSSC and Framemeister

NewHome Forums OSSC & OSSC Pro OSSC – Discussion and support Advice for splitting component to both OSSC and Framemeister Reply To: Advice for splitting component to both OSSC and Framemeister

nmalinoski
Participant

That’s what I feared. How bizarre that 480i would be allowed through one signal but not another.

It’s really not all that weird or uncommon. Contemporary flat panel TVs often use different video processor ICs and processing pipelines for different types of inputs, so an HDMI input is most likely going to be processed by an entirely different chip with different support and capability than what would be processing a component and/or composite input.

What happens when you take the OSSC’s 480p signal and put it through the Framemeister? Wouldn’t it come out with the same flaws as any other 480p signal, plus added lag?

Well, yes. That’s why I suggested applying line2x to 480p, which would make 960p. My understanding is that the Framemeister has less of a problem scaling 960p to 1080p than it does 480p to 1080p.