Reply To: How do you switch between a consumer CRT (RGB only) and the OSSC?

NewHome Forums OSSC & OSSC Pro OSSC – Discussion and support How do you switch between a consumer CRT (RGB only) and the OSSC? Reply To: How do you switch between a consumer CRT (RGB only) and the OSSC?

nmalinoski
Participant

Yeah exactly, which is why I came up with the idea to build a cable that has a little switch so I could switch between the two modes.

Manual switches like that are cool until you have to actually flip them every time you want to do something. Perfectly viable, and something that Dreamcast ‘VGA’ boxes and cables frequently do. I have a BeharBros Toro box for my Dreamcast, and I can’t be bothered to keep flipping that damned switch; it’s so much more convenient to just have 480p forced automatically using a GDEMU with GDMenu. Like I said, doable with the WiiDual, sadly nothing for the Xbox.

Going the composite to rgb route is a problem, since there is currently no Extron CVC 200 available.

It’s component; composite video is something else (and composite sync is also something else); don’t get them confused.

I believe the Extron CVC 300 is also a viable candidate, but those may also be unavailable.