Reply To: Getting a 4K tv – which of these 2? OLED or QLED

NewHome Forums OSSC, OSSC Pro and DExx-vd isl OSSC – Discussion and support Getting a 4K tv – which of these 2? OLED or QLED Reply To: Getting a 4K tv – which of these 2? OLED or QLED

Steo
Participant

I got the B8 last year and I’d say OLED hands down. The OLED has spoiled me so much that it made me hate the majority of LCD screens I’ve looked at after using it. The perfect black levels is one of my favourite things about the TV.

As for burn in, I can vouch that people definitely blow this out of proportion. I have played a lot of retro games on the set and haven’t even seen any retention, let alone burn in. I actually have a habit of leaving the same TV station on a lot (though I wouldn’t recommend doing so just in case), and the watermark hasn’t burned in even slightly either. I feel like as long as you leave these settings under OLED Panel Settings:

Pixel Refresher – On
Screen Shift – On
Logo Luminance Adjustment – Low

You will have very minimal chance of actually getting burn in. I feel like the only way you’d even have a chance of getting it, is if you set OLED Light to 100 all the time, then either play the same game retro game with a HUD every day for at least a year, or else just leave the same TV channel on constantly day in day out, which has an overlay, such as a news channel etc.

Even if you leave the same image on the TV for too long, it automatically dims, similar to a screen saver on an Xbox.