Reply To: Do settings reset when updating firmware? And if so…

NewHome Forums OSSC & OSSC Pro OSSC – Discussion and support Do settings reset when updating firmware? And if so… Reply To: Do settings reset when updating firmware? And if so…

nmalinoski
Participant

Not trying to be difficult, but I don’t understand your first post then. It seems to partly contradict the last post.

Do you think you can lay it out more clearly?

My understanding is that there are settings that are specific to profiles, and other, general settings that don’t apply to profiles, and 0.84 will treat them separately; so, chances are that, with a future firmware update, something will change with the profile settings, but not with the general settings, in which case the general settings will be preserved while the profile settings will be wiped.

Will we able to migrate and keep our settings across firmware updates soon?

I don’t think you’ll be able to do this on the device itself, but you can do it now by using the web-based profile editor and exporting/preserving a JSON version of your profiles; when a new firmware comes out, load your JSON back into the web app, export a binary profile file for the new firmware, install the new firmware, then import the profiles.