Reply To: mega drive rgb bypass csync, 2k2 resistor and cxa pin 10 questions

NewHome Forums Repairs and Mods mega drive rgb bypass csync, 2k2 resistor and cxa pin 10 questions Reply To: mega drive rgb bypass csync, 2k2 resistor and cxa pin 10 questions

BlueStinger
Participant

First, Consoles4you have seemingly found an answer to the remaining jailbars on PAL consoles, apparently the answer is : Do as usual but use shielded wires to do the install.

For this particular issue, I had it (and many others) then I’ve RGB Bypassed consoles and removed CXA entirely. Don’t do that ! It will work for a while and then it won’t work anymore. While CXA was missing (and before it was an issue) everything was fine. Lately, I’ve been re-installing CXA in those consoles and now I have those same old issues reappearing.

You can remove CXA on NTSC consoles but NOT in PAL consoles. Also, and I need a little more time to confirm that, CXA can apparently be responsible for a ton of other issues like random reset, garbled graphics, sync issues.

I can elaborate to prove some of these points if needed. But my advice right now is : Try to swap CXA for a good CXA chip.