Reply To: Retrotink 2x pro saturates colors

NewHome Forums RetroTink 2 Products Retrotink 2x pro saturates colors Reply To: Retrotink 2x pro saturates colors

Thasios
Participant

Hi and thanks for answers.

BuckoA51:

I do not have any component cables, i would have to order, and also order a switch for it if i want to hook up more consoles using it. My goal with my setup is really to hook up as many consoles as i can in a as simple way as possible. Thats why now all my game for the time being uses composite and runs through an 8 way rca switch, as i am willing to sacrifice a bit of image quality to simplicity. The color problem is kind of an deal breaker though.

James-F
“In your case it seems that your TV over-saturates the HDMI input PAL signal, but not in Composite input, since it affect all PAL consoles even PS2 which it should not (I have tested multiple PAL consoles).
Did you try to lower Saturation and bring Contrast up in your TV menu with PAL HDMI signal?”

Well the saturation on the other consoles is not nearly as big of a problem as with the genesis, it just hints to the same problem as red colors etc are a bit excagerated compared to when i hook it up directly to the tv.

I did try changing the settings, but i can’t quite get it right, and its a bummer having to change it every time.

Regarding In your case it seems that your TV over-saturates the HDMI input PAL signal, but not in Composite input, since it affect all PAL consoles even PS2 which it should not (I have tested multiple PAL consoles).
Did you “in your TV menu with PAL HDMI signal?” I do not think i have any options regarding wether it is PAL or NTSC hdmi signal.

have also tried on an brand new 144hz predator computer screen, excactly the same issue.

• This reply was modified 6 months, 1 week ago by Thasios.