Reply To: Higher V. Backporch Support for Optimal PSP In-Game Picture

NewHome Forums OSSC & OSSC Pro OSSC – Feature Requests Higher V. Backporch Support for Optimal PSP In-Game Picture Reply To: Higher V. Backporch Support for Optimal PSP In-Game Picture

eatnumber1
Participant

As far as I know, the OSSC will adjust the frontporch to compensate, and won’t adjust the V. Active region, meaning that the resulting output resolution won’t change, so TVs should see little to no difference.

I’m already running the PSP with a 480p input signal, but the active/backporch regions configured so that the resulting output image is 640×360.

At V. Backporch = 134 and V. Active = 272, the OSSC will be perfectly outputting only the actual non-letterboxed portions of the screen. That said, the resulting image will be 480×272, or 960×544 in line2x, which probably won’t work (or at least look good) on my TV. That said, if I allow for some amount of letterboxing and bump the V. Active up to 360, the V. Backporch needed to center the image on screen is 86 (still higher than the current 63). Alternatively, if I cut off two real pixels from the vertical resolution (V. Active = 270), I’ll get a 480×270 picture, which in line2x is 960×540, which is a standard resolution (qHD). I think that doing so will require a V. Backporch of 135. In fact, here’s the PSP with those settings (V. Active = 270, H. Active = 480). It scales decently well to my 4k display horizontally, and should also vertically, but cuts off on the bottom without being able to set V. Backporch to 135.

Here’s how that looks: 960x540 PSP image

• This reply was modified 5 months, 3 weeks ago by eatnumber1.
  • This reply was modified 5 months, 3 weeks ago by eatnumber1.