Reply To: N64 RGB Advanced – OSSC – Best picture in Passthrough

NewHome Forums OSSC & OSSC Pro OSSC – Discussion and support N64 RGB Advanced – OSSC – Best picture in Passthrough Reply To: N64 RGB Advanced – OSSC – Best picture in Passthrough

Jon Nielsen
Participant

Oh I see. Thanks!

I don’t believe I have any problems with those connections, or the ones under the heatsink, thankfully. With all the work getting everything fitted, I’m reluctant to open it up and rewire things beyond what’s accessible from the conveniently placed N64 Advanced board. I’m amazed it “worked” in the first attempt!

That being said… I’m now having similar experiences with video quality that you described in the initial post. First line of problems (sync-related) were mostly solved by a lose ground connection being fixed. This straightened out the worst sync related issues.

So I was wondering – what’s your latest experience with using the offered 2x or 3x modes from the N64 Advanced RGB menu? Currently I have very good 240p output using deblur and then linedoubled via OSSC. But I bought the advanced kit for a reason, the allure of 480p coming from the N64 “directly” 🙂