Reply To: OSSC, MClassic, and HDMI Switcher Compatibility

NewHome Forums OSSC & OSSC Pro OSSC – Discussion and support OSSC, MClassic, and HDMI Switcher Compatibility Reply To: OSSC, MClassic, and HDMI Switcher Compatibility

Luchario
Participant

Yeah, that’s what I ended up doing for the meantime. I did contact their tech support and this is what they messaged back:

“Sorry you’re having problems with your setup. We see this problem occasionally happening when there is a non HDMI certified device, and/or a non HDMI 2.0 rated HDMI switch. Non HDMI certified devices tend to produce more signal jitter than certified HDMI devices, and low rated HDMI switches exacerbate the problem further. And when the mClassic upgrades the picture to a higher resolution, it increases the TV’s sensitivity to jitter. Using low quality or cables with internal damage can also create jitter in the signal, but it sounds like that’s unlikely.

In conclusion, I’d recommend trying another TV to see if it’s the TV that’s just very sensitive to jitter. (Samsung TVs seem to be the most sensitive to signal noise).
And which HDMI switch are you using?”

I wrote back with my setup a few days ago and now again with the information that DVI mode works but I’m still waiting for a reply.

Thanks for the help so far, I appreciate it!