Reply To: Need Help with Setting up for PS2- Aspect Ratio Issue

NewHome Forums OSSC & OSSC Pro OSSC – Discussion and support Need Help with Setting up for PS2- Aspect Ratio Issue Reply To: Need Help with Setting up for PS2- Aspect Ratio Issue

routh
Participant

Thanks for the response!

Forgive me for my ignorance when it comes to this subject. Trying to understand.

I was under the impression that lowering the h.samplerate would basically shrink the width of the image/create larger black bars on the left and right of the screen, allowing the 4:3 aspect ratio without distorting the image quality. But it seems lowering the samplerate would actually stretch the picture?

Then, for line2x vs line4x: line2x is already too wide compared to a normal 4:3 aspect ratio, and my understanding based off what you said is that line4x would make it even wider. So I definitely wouldn’t want that if that’s the case.

I might be missing something though. It just seems like with my setup, there’s really no way to get the 4:3 aspect ratio. I’ve heard of optimal timing profiles from FirebrandX, not sure if they’re worth looking into.

• This reply was modified 1 month, 3 weeks ago by routh.
  • This reply was modified 1 month, 3 weeks ago by routh.