Reply To: Wii OSSC is not better than Wii U directly!

NewHome Forums OSSC, OSSC Pro and DExx-vd isl OSSC – Discussion and support Wii OSSC is not better than Wii U directly! Reply To: Wii OSSC is not better than Wii U directly!

Yovan Basurto
Participant

I do have it set to 480p. I’ve tried pass through and 2x. upsample off and on. I’ve turned on or off every setting imaginable. Looked at the nets for every possible setting. Same result.

Meh. Soft image that looks same or softer than the Wii U output.

I have a launch wii white console, set to 480p, official component cables hooked up the OSSC and then directly to my Oled 4k C8 which is in gamemode. Gamecube, SNES And other systems look brilliant. I knew the wii had so so video but i expected better than Wii U and was disappointed to find out that it looks slightly blurrier IMO.

Do you have any settings i can try that might be different from whats out there? Not sure why some people on reddit claim that it looks much better than wii u Wii mode. Is it cause they have newer revisions that output a sharper image? i’m at a loss with Wii. So little content out there for wii owners running on OSSC.