Reply To: Scrambled horizontal lines: H.Active has to be reduced by -1 every time

NewHome Forums OSSC, OSSC Pro and DExx-vd isl OSSC – Discussion and support Scrambled horizontal lines: H.Active has to be reduced by -1 every time Reply To: Scrambled horizontal lines: H.Active has to be reduced by -1 every time

Chris1479
Participant

I’ve only owned it for about 4 weeks so it should still be under warranty. Would be very frustrated as otherwise i’m happy with it, on the default settings it’s more than good enough, but it kind of makes the other 95% of the settings available on the device pretty much a waste of money.
Would really like some technical troubleshooting before going to the trouble of sending this back 🙁

Edit: I’ve realised what the problem is, or at least got closer to what the actual problem is, Line 5x etc work great with the mClassic turned off. Stuff goes wrong in a hurry with it turned on. UNLESS the OSSC is at default settings, then it pairs up great (2x) with the mClassic. No more horizontal distorted lines. I mean I guess the mClassic and OSSC probably just don’t play well together with custom timings etc. So that’s out of the way.

The main problem is that without FirebrandX’s settings, e.g. optimised SNES 256, and using the default timings on the 240p test suite’s checkerboard pattern for example, I have no problem dialing in a crystal clear picture.

WITH FirebrandX’s settings on the other hand, it’s full of weird interference – no problem right? Just change the sample phase (if that’s what it’s called off the top of my head) – RGB Bob said you just dial it in until you get a crystal clear picture.

Except I don’t, i’ve been through every point on the 180 sample phase right down to 0 and there is nasty blurring and interference the whole way that just looks completely wrong. I don’t know if this is connected to the problems i’ve had with 4x/5x on Saturn for example, where I get a decent enough picture but Panzer Dragoon or GTA on PS1 both suffer from a strange kind of flickery lag, when you pause it it looks beautiful, when you press play it is kind of nauseating to look at.

Is there something i’m missing about FirebrandX’s profiles?