Reply To: Kaico OSSC & BenQ EX2780Q IPS 144Hz 27″ monitor

NewHome Forums OSSC, OSSC Pro and DExx-vd isl OSSC – Discussion and support Kaico OSSC & BenQ EX2780Q IPS 144Hz 27″ monitor Reply To: Kaico OSSC & BenQ EX2780Q IPS 144Hz 27″ monitor

Nick_NG66
Participant

What would be better? Get a compatible HD PC monitor or get a Full HD TV for the OSSC? Thinking of buying a cheaper 24″ monitor or 24″ TV. 24″ is big enough for me.

A refresh rate of 60Hz should be more then enough for the PS2, right? Only thing to find out is how the monitor or TV upscales a 480i or 480p signal. The PS2 also outputs a 576i signal or am I mistaking?

I did a search on the internet and the Viewsonic VX3211-mh seems a good monitor that works well with the OSSC. 32″ is too big for my taste, but maybe the smaller sizes in the Viewsonic VX series will have the same specs?

Anyway, my BenQ monitor does not work well with the OSSC. The difference between 480i line 2x or line 4x is not very noticeable. Even pass thru doesn’t look a lot worse, but there is a difference.

I could buy a Viewsonic 24″ monitor but that will be a risk. How to find out that a TV or monitor upscales the OSSC signals well?