I have a few basic questions about the OSSC

NewHome Forums OSSC & OSSC Pro OSSC – Discussion and support I have a few basic questions about the OSSC

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • Author
    JesusWept
    Participant

Hi. I don’t own one of these, but I think it might be exactly what I’m looking for to be able to play my beloved mega drive games on my new projector using component.

However, what would it do with a more modern device over component – such as a PS3?

I was thinking about using a component switch box, with a few inputs to one output – which would then go to the OSSC then to the projector’s hdmi input.

So my question is, what would the OSSC do with a PS3 signal, that doesn’t need any kind of conversion? Just let it pass as-is, or would this not work?

Would I need to constantly be reconfiguring the OSSC if I had several consoles (old and new) connected to the switch box?

I’m a bit of a newcomer to all this, but I learn pretty quick so bear with me please!

Many thanks.

• This topic was modified 2 weeks ago by JesusWept.
    BuckoA51
    Keymaster

To answer your first question, yes the OSSC would pass through the PS3s signal. If you set your PS3 to 480p you may even be able to do a 2x line double on the image which might look good on some games.

The answer to your second question is more complex. If you’re happy with the default image then no, you wouldn’t need to reconfigure at all. If you want to go down the rabbit hole of fine tuning the image for each console then at the least you would need to save and recall profiles for your systems. OSSC can save and recall up to 15 profiles.

JesusWept
    Participant

Great, thanks!

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.