OSSC – basic question

NewHome Forums OSSC & OSSC Pro OSSC – Discussion and support OSSC – basic question

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Author
    echofreeze
    Participant

Hi everyone. Recently got my OSSC, primarily for playing ps1, and it looks good on the default settings after getting rid of the “flicker” effect.
    However, I’ve noticed that people use different setting for different resolutions, depending on what the particular game outputs, and my question – how the hell do you change resolution on this thing!?

I mean, I got into “Output opt.” and I know how to scroll through the different outputs, and the various scan line options with each different resolution, but NOTHING CHANGES when I go through them. I seriously must be missing something here. The only changes I notice on my monitor are when a do something with the low pass filter, which is great as it takes the flickering away, or a mess with the scan line setting on the remote. I didn’t think I was a tech noob – but this damn thing is making me question this. All the tutorials out there just seem useless to me. Everyone talks about this thing like “yeah, i tried this resolution and this scan line and BANG made such a different. So I’m assuming it’s meant to do SOMETHING as you go through the settings…

Please… What the hell am I missing.

BuckoA51
    Keymaster

Output opt_>240p/288p proc (for PS1)->change to desired multiplication mode.

http://junkerhq.net/xrgb/index.php?title=OSSC#Output_opt.

echofreeze
    Participant

OK. That doesn’t really mean anything. What I’m saying is that I’ve scrolled through the different setting and absolutely nothing changes on my TV. And, if I assume you’re saying that the only setting that works for the ps1 is 240p – what does it mean to change resolutions, per this example: https://www.cybdyn-systems.com.au/forum/viewtopic.php?t=2016

BuckoA51
    Keymaster

To change the output resolution of OSSC, use the option I showed above.

He’s talking about input resolutions, different PS1 games run in different resolutions. Generic mode will handle them all, you don’t need to fiddle with advanced timings if you don’t want to.

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.