OSSC loses sync with 1080i sources on 2x mode

NewHome Forums OSSC, OSSC Pro and DExx-vd isl OSSC – Discussion and support OSSC loses sync with 1080i sources on 2x mode

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Author
    Ultimate145
    Participant

OSSC will lose sync after a few minutes with 1080i sources, Turning my OSSC off for a few minutes doesn’t really help, does the same thing after a while. Passthrough works fine but 2x is what’s causing me problems.
    I have tried my PS2 (Component), WII U (Component), and PS TV (Component and VGA through converters) on 1080i. I have the Power Supply that came with the OSSC but also tried another power supply.

Anyone have any ideas on what I can do?

BuckoA51
    Keymaster

I suppose the simple answer here is just don’t use 1080i as it’s not terribly useful usually, what is your target display?

What happens during sync drop, does the LED on the OSSC change colour?

Ultimate145
    Participant

Target Display is an LG – 32” UltraGear QHD Nano IPS 32GP83B, Its PC Monitor, but I’ve tried 2 tv’s with no success.

I’ve had 2 things happen either the green led stays on, after it losses sync its still green for a while, then it will flicker between green and red. This happens on my WII U and PS TV.
    Second thing that happened was that both the green and red leds stay on. This happens on my PS2.

marqs
    Participant

Sounds like the FPGA is either overheating or has a cold solder joint, latter being more likely. Do you have similar issues with other ~1080p output configurations (e.g. 240p x5), and do other modes or 1080i bypass sync if you switch to them immediately after 1080i x2 stops working?

Ultimate145
    Participant

~1080P Output from 240p5x works great, and other modes work fine switching from 1080i 2x when its not working. Its only 1080i 2X that wont work well.

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.