At last, a true, pure digital video output mod for the original Microsoft Xbox. No more hunting for rare and bulky component video cables or making do with interlace video. Now you can output direct, digital video from the Xbox to your modern HDTV or monitor.
Unlike other solutions, with XboxHD+, video is captured directly off of the pixel data bus from the consoles GPU. It is then digitally encoded, and sent directly to your display with no added external interpolation or frame-buffering for a crystal clear image with NO input lag. What’s more, XboxHD+ now offers advanced upscaling with interpolation, colour space, and overscan correction options!
The original Xbox had amazing audio for its time. The XboxHD+ also takes this into account with both Stereo and Dolby Digital audio captured from the Xbox’s digital SPDIF audio output.
XboxHD+ was designed from the ground up to be the best possible solution for your original Xbox. Keep your classic console running in the HDTV era and ensure compatibility for years to come with this great upgrade.
- Pixel perfect digital video. Supports all official Xbox video resolutions. (480i, 480p, 576i, 720p, and 1080i)
- Video upscaling with interpolation options (linear and weighted bilinear)
- Per-game settings with direct integration with XBMC and XBMC4Gamers
- Crystal clear digital audio with Dolby Digital support*
- Firmware upgradable via the Xbox HDMI application
- CEC support
- No cut installation
- Option to force 480p. (force 480i games to run in 480p)
- Optional auto anamorphic widescreen for widescreen 480p content
- Light gun compatible when used with a CRT and a suitable lag-free HDMI to RGB transcoder
Our kits come with the XboxHD+ board, OpenXenium board, flex ribbon cable, hookup wire, and 3D printed spacer.
* Dolby Digital support may not function correctly on certain combinations of custom BIOS and dashboard. This is under active investigation and expected to be fixed in the next firmware release. We have been unable to replicate this fault in our own tests.
Q: Does XboxHD+ add lag?
A: No, that’s impossible. The XboxHD+ does not modify or buffer the raw GPU video signal in any way.
Q: Is a modchip required?
A: Yes. Patching the Xbox kernel is required to take full advantage of the XboxHD+. While it’s possible to install the patch without a modchip, it is not recommended or officially supported.
Q: How difficult is it to install?
A: It is strongly not recommended for beginners, the XboxHD+ is comparable to other console HDMI mod installs. The installer should be comfortable with micro-soldering. If you need an installation service, click here.
Q: Is analogue video output removed?
Q: What about light guns then?
A: Light guns will still work if you disable upscaling and connect to a CRT via a suitable lag free HDMI to RGB transcoder, such as the HD Fury series. Note that House of the Dead 2 will only work with a light gun if your console is set to interlace output mode. This is a limitation of the original game and NOT a fault with the HDMI mod.
Please note – This is a complex, intricate mod. Do not order this kit until you have studied the installation instructions and you are confident you can install the modification. While some techincal support may be available in our forum, we cannot give refunds on kits damaged due to incorrect or aborted installation attempts, nor can we offer technical assistance with installations.
Need help identifying which Xbox you have? Click or tap here.