Reply To: scaling filters

NewHome Forums OSSC & OSSC Pro OSSC – Discussion and support scaling filters Reply To: scaling filters

redguy_
Participant

Thanks for trying it out.

– I’m not sure why the image shifts, but I thought I set the default to +12 for M3 and +15 for M2 to fix that. I’ll check if that made it into the binary I posted. This is caused by the timing changing in a way that I don’t understand.
– The pixel flicker is still a mystery. I think there’s too much filter logic to fit in the output clock, but some fixes for that are not showing a difference. Maybe it’s not a timing problem. Applying filters that were originally designed to work on precise values of a digital image (in an emulator) that is actually passing through a DAC->ADC conversion is not ideal.
– I’ll have to look at linex2 with those settings and see if there’s anything that can be done there. It would be nice if all modes could stop using the clock divider in the tvp but I wasn’t able to get that to work properly.

I’m going to remove the eagle filter and have just two options: none and scale. Then there will be an additional option for filter strength which will be controllable in 12.5% increments. 50%=current lq and 100%=current scale. That will enable more fine-tuning of the existing filters.