Reply To: Auto sync mode selection

NewHome Forums OSSC & OSSC Pro OSSC – Feature Requests Auto sync mode selection Reply To: Auto sync mode selection

nmalinoski
Participant

I have done some work implementing auto input switching on the OSSC.

Huzzah! Thank you for working on this; I look forward to testing it.

When there is no sync it switches input very quickly every 0.2 seconds and there are 6 different inputs if you consider RGsB/YPbPr the same input so it cycles through all inputs every 1.2 seconds.

So, when you’re on a given input and the OSSC loses sync (such as during a mode change), and you’ve got ‘Autodetect input’ set to ‘All inputs’, the auto input switching starts scanning all inputs for a signal? So if I have two consoles connected, and one of them does a mode change, it will switch to the other console? If so, how much more complicated would it be to start with the ‘Current input’ behavior and fall back to the ‘All inputs’ after 1 or 2 seconds?

Also, how complicated would it be possible to hijack Button 0 functionality when Autodetect Input is enabled, so that pressing it triggers a kind of seek-next functionality? (Not unlike how modern radios can automatically seek to the next station with a decent signal.)