Reply To: [Help] No image but Sync with SEGA Megadrive and MultiMega

NewHome Forums OSSC & OSSC Pro OSSC – Discussion and support [Help] No image but Sync with SEGA Megadrive and MultiMega Reply To: [Help] No image but Sync with SEGA Megadrive and MultiMega

PX2
Participant

As promised, I post an update regarding status of this topic:

I received the cables (C-pin RGB Scart PAL cable) acquired here:
https://www.ebay.fr/itm/RGB-Scart-PAL-Cable-C-V-Pin-For-Sega-Genesis-1-Mega-Drive-MD-1-Master-System-1/253093982906
Yes, I know it’s cheap Chinese cables, but it should do the work for debugging, once I know whatthe issue is I will buy quality cables 🙂

Unfortunately, now I don’t even have sync anymore (according to LCD screen of OSSC) and as you can imagine that also means no video… Only audio.
I’ve done some research and it seems that, to make things simple, SEGA made specific consoles for the French market, distinguished by the name “SEGA RGB on their sticker”.

Now I’m wondering if this is true, could any of you confirm that you don’t have names such as below on the serial number sticker of consoles?
SEGA MEGA DRIVE RGB
SEGA MASTER SYSTEM II POWER BASE RGB

If this is true does it means that I will have to do some tricks to use the cables I bought to make them RGB cables and not PAL?