Reply To: [STILL AT IT] Think I fried it. Heard a sizzle.

NewHome Forums OSSC & OSSC Pro OSSC – DIY Support [STILL AT IT] Think I fried it. Heard a sizzle. Reply To: [STILL AT IT] Think I fried it. Heard a sizzle.

Morpheus_79
Participant

For the remote, it’s not pre-programmed, but if I hold the OSSC button on startup and try to program it (it says “press 1”) it never registers when I press 1.

This can’t work, since (as i said) a not preprogrammed remote won’t output any IR signals the OSSC recognizes. And since the OSSC doesn’t recognize a signal, you won’t be able to configure your OSSC for the remote.

You have to programm the remote via LIRC/WinLIRC (using a serial or USB IR emitter and the LIRC script from here) or via a compatible remote you have laying around in your house (just test the remotes of your TV, BluRay player or amplifier… or use a universal remote which is programmable via manufacturer codes).

As for the green LED: test if pin 44 of the FPGA is soldered properly and outputs any voltage… and check if the resistor R36 is soldered properly as well and isn’t broken: