Reply To: Taito F3 Arcade Board Won't Sync With OSSC; Works with Framemeister

NewHome Forums OSSC & OSSC Pro OSSC – Discussion and support Taito F3 Arcade Board Won't Sync With OSSC; Works with Framemeister Reply To: Taito F3 Arcade Board Won't Sync With OSSC; Works with Framemeister

TenaciousJ728
Participant

If this newbie may, I’d like to share my experience here as I’ve managed to pull off a solid RGB SCART sync.

First, what I have:
– Taito F3 mobo + RayForce cart
– Board-A Boardmaster (Blast City) supergun
– OSSC (out-of-box FW v0.81a) + a RetroGamingCables RGB SCART cable for Boardmaster (
– A cheap 23″ LG ultrawide LCD monitor.

The first thing I tried was unboxing the OSSC and getting my Taito F3 board to work with it. No luck no matter what I did. I then decided to try a Blue Elf bootleg cart I had laying around with better success. Games like Puzzle Bobble worked nicely but for some reason Metal Slug didn’t. I even left the supergun on and let it sit for a bit and it eventually established sync on its own.

That’s when I starting doing research and found this page. I did as suggested in page 2: adjusting the H-sync, V-sync tolerances, and the H-PLL Pre and Post-coast levels. And lo and behold, an image! …although many sync drops were had. I played with those levels some more as well as Analog sync Vth until I finally nailed a solid sync.

No sync drops, buttery-smooth gameplay!

See for yourself!

(It’s worth noting my supergun has a twist knob that regulates the H-position of the game’s image which proved to be a major factor when finding the right H-sync tolerance level. Sync would drop as I twisted the knob.)