Reply To: Advice Needed – Time to Return RetroTINK & Retire 2600?

NewHome Forums RetroTink 2 Products Advice Needed – Time to Return RetroTINK & Retire 2600? Reply To: Advice Needed – Time to Return RetroTINK & Retire 2600?

WishItWas1984
Participant

If you’ve tried a different console, or even a DVD player, to eliminate the RT2X as the source of your problem, then you may need to add a proper scaler between the RT2X and your TV (Perhaps an Extron DSC 301 HD), or something like a Framemeister to use in lieu of the RT2X.

I’m not sure how I can test without the TINK. My TV only has RF In and HDMI. 🙂

Your other information seems sound. It just seems like my TV + TINK = Sadness. lol

I could try another scaler, but the point of this was to get these two systems running on my TV for the price point the TINK offered. I really don’t have the desire or budget to keep throwing money at this to somehow finally get these old systems working.

I think I’ll just leave both in their boxes and maybe one day they’ll be of use again. Like if I get the room for an older TV or some other device comes out that’ll get these things working in a more simple and straightforward fashion.

I think for now I will contact Mike at RetroTINK to arrange for a return/refund, and use that money to get a Retron 77, and flash that with AtariAge’s community build. The TI-99/4A I’ll have to emulate on my Pi if possible.