Reply To: OSSC won't sync with Taito Arkanoid 2 JAMMA arcade pcb :(

NewHome Forums OSSC & OSSC Pro OSSC – Discussion and support OSSC won't sync with Taito Arkanoid 2 JAMMA arcade pcb :( Reply To: OSSC won't sync with Taito Arkanoid 2 JAMMA arcade pcb :(

jimbodeanny
Participant

That’s not a standard signal. ;-P
It deviates from standard by 0.8 Hz, more than any of your other boards. I’m now pretty sure it’s the refresh that exceeds the tolerance of your card and TV, causing them to apply frame conversion.

As I wrote earlier, try to match capture framerate with that of the board. For your TV, you will have to live with it or get another display. It’s also totally possible that the framerate tolerance of your sinks is different for different resolutions, so you should try all multiplication modes and see if it helps.

DOH. I didn’t realize that, but it makes sense.

I’ve been capturing at 60fps. I’ve tried all of the different multiplication modes with the same results.

I don’t care about my TV display as I’m not aiming to play these games on an HD display. The capture quality is all I’m concerned with as I’m only going to be using the OSSC to capture/record/stream while playing on my original arcade cabinets. I don’t mind spending some money to achieve that. On that note, I’m wondering if I’m going to need some other piece of hardware? Would the Framemeister be the better choice and/or work better in tandem with the OSSC? My main goal is to be able to record/capture a direct feed from my multiple arcade cabinets. Some are JAMMA games, many are old classic (i.e. Pac-man). This has been quite the rabbit hole of a project!