Reply To: New Retrotink 2x v.3.2 and Commodore 64 interference issue

NewHome Forums RetroTink 2 Products New Retrotink 2x v.3.2 and Commodore 64 interference issue Reply To: New Retrotink 2x v.3.2 and Commodore 64 interference issue

Kalel80
Participant

Hi, I tested one of my C64C computer more and saw that adjusting frequency on C64 motherboard CT1 trimmer capacitor I almost got rid of moving noise lines. It’s very sensitive and that noise (moving lines) is changing at different speed and angle when I trim that. I don’t know what’s the deal, but trimming C64 motherboard crystal frequency is doing something with Retrotink.

But with my C64 Reloaded MK2 board I can’t fine tune device crystal frequency, however I saw that moving lines changing or dissapear when I touch the top of Retrotink X2 boards own crystal. I just wondering that might this problem be faulty crystal on my Retrotink? Or bad cap? I had same kind issue with PcEngine few years ago. Back then I noticed similar moving noise lines than now and then these lines changing speed and direction allways when I put finger on the top of Pc Engine motherboard crystal. I changed the new crystal and that fixed the issue.

I noticed that v3.1 board version and v3.2 version have different looking crystal? Would that be possible to get know those crystals exact parts?