Reply To: Retrotink 2x – New Firmware

NewHome Forums RetroTink 2 Products Retrotink 2x – New Firmware Reply To: Retrotink 2x – New Firmware

nmalinoski
Participant

Hold the 2X/Filter button while connecting usb power to enable DVI mode, release after 2 led flashes.
Note that in DVI mode there is no audio output, and will output RGB Full Range (0-255).

HDMI default now is YCbCr 4:4:4 Limited Range (16-235) which is the default for video content, and TVs have better support for that mode,, was RGB Full before this firmware update.

I’m not sure I fully understand these two bits. First, after enabling DVI mode, does that change survive reboots, or do you need to hold 2X/Filter when applying power every time? If that setting doesn’t survive reboots, then I can see this being a problem for those who want to integrate an RT2X into a larger setup who also have a need for DVI mode.

Secondly, what is meant by “HDMI default“? Is it possible to switch between multiple combinations of RGB/YCbCr and Full/Limited ranges, and, if so, how? Is it automatic? And do these settings also survive reboots?

I’d like to see another board revision with something like a DIP switch bank for those who prefer to set it and forget it. I would leave the input and mode toggles as-is (and make sure that those configurations survive reboots), and then move all of the weird, I-feel-like-I’m-resetting-my-router’s-NVRAM, power-on button holding to the switch bank, like the HDMI/DVI toggle, and the RGB/YCbCr and full/limited range stuff if that’s actually applicable.