Reply To: OSSC losing sync on SNES screen transition – only certain games

NewHome Forums OSSC, OSSC Pro and DExx-vd isl OSSC – Discussion and support OSSC losing sync on SNES screen transition – only certain games Reply To: OSSC losing sync on SNES screen transition – only certain games

chronous3
Participant

PROGRESS! I got my hands on another SNES. I swapped it with my current one and tested it with the same exact SoE cart, same cables, everything. No drop in sync. Didn’t do it once, ever. So we’ve officially found the source, you were right. It’s the SNES itself.

Now I’m wondering two things:

• Why does it briefly lose sync with the OSSC, but not the retrotink2x?
    More importantly, what in the SNES could be causing this, but only on screen transitions in a certain game?
  • I recently replaced the voltage regulator in the problem SNES with a better one from console5. I also replaced a couple caps, and did the ghosting fix. Perhaps I messed something up in some way? This is not your problem, and you have no obligation to help. OSSC is fine, it’s my own SNES that’s the issue. If you did have any ideas though, I’d love to hear your thoughts. I’m always interested in learning more about the SNES, OSSC, video signals, and what makes it all tick.

Thanks for all your help guys, this was a really weird problem and I really appreciate your input.