Reply To: Issue: 2x Multi – 480p passthrough unstable/not working (firmware 1.5-1.8)

NewHome Forums RetroTink Products Issue: 2x Multi – 480p passthrough unstable/not working (firmware 1.5-1.8) Reply To: Issue: 2x Multi – 480p passthrough unstable/not working (firmware 1.5-1.8)

mrlb
Participant

I have tested all firmwares with cheap cable and it loses signal on every versions. I think v1.4 was working best but still was unplayable(480p). 480i is working on every cable and firmware version.

That’s interesting! And definitely different outcome. 480p passthrough works flawlessly between 1.1-1.4. But I get horrible interference so have been meaning to get better cables (The official Ps3 component and HD retrovision cables can be difficult and $$$ to sort!)

How do you find those component cables with the ps2? I’ve seen them before, they are like the expensive cheap cables. I notice they look thicker – You would hope they were better shielded but difficult to know without cutting in half. Do you get much interference?