Reply To: Gamecube 480p 2x mode aspect ratio not 4:3. Any ideas?

NewHome Forums OSSC, OSSC Pro and DExx-vd isl OSSC – Discussion and support Gamecube 480p 2x mode aspect ratio not 4:3. Any ideas? Reply To: Gamecube 480p 2x mode aspect ratio not 4:3. Any ideas?

TrantaLocked
Participant

There was no game with wider than 704 active area.

Oh this makes me wonder if I have my settings correct. I’m on an Xbox not Gamecube, but I based my picture dimensions on Ninja Gaiden which I assumed was using the full 720 width. If it’s less than that, then everything is slightly too wide on my screen. That would explain why THPS4 looked kind of wide compared to the PC version on my monitor. I might need to get my DSC 301 out to look at it but if anyone can confirm or has a list of games by their active area on different consoles that would be cool. There’s also a method I saw involving a known square object, and Halo 2’s Zanzibar has these cubes that can be used for calibration so I’ll probably check that out too. I’d bet one of the Metroid Prime or Mario 3D games would have that kind of object for Gamecube.

edit: I actually had to too narrow and was duped by Ninja Gaiden. So in OSSC, active area of 720×480 and sample rate of 780 with some adjustments to backporch or sync length if necessary for alignment.