Reply To: 2x-Multi : Owner introductions & current issues.

NewHome Forums RetroTink Products 2x-Multi : Owner introductions & current issues. Reply To: 2x-Multi : Owner introductions & current issues.

mrlb
Participant

2) I only use the 2x-M with a NTSC PS2 mainly running 480i games and 2 games with a 480p mode using HD Retrovison component cables and through a mClassic.

You have a similar setup (PS2, RT2X-M, mClassic) to me except I have PAL PS2 though I am running NSTC 470i/480p ROM from OPL. I also have HD RetroVision cables in the mail to replace my ebay cables.

3) I’ve been having the same issues with 480p content not displaying a signal at all when hooked straight into my Vizio M-Series. However, when I run the 480p signal through the mClassic I do get a signal but the bottom have of the picture is distorted.

1. Please try downgrading your firmware to less than 1.5 and test if the 480p signal is stable. If it is than you may have the same issue I was having. I was told my issue was due to cheap component cable and that using good quality cables would resolve it. I had a hard time believing this but ordered better quality cables to confirm.
If you maintain 480p stability with firmware less than 1.5 and you have good quality cables than we can definitely say that the firmware is the issue and we can get Mike Chi to look at it.
Let us know both results plugged into Vizio M-series and into mClassic.

I’ve also been having the issue with the image going in and out until it stops send a signal all together sometimes. Usually this can be fixed with restarting the unit from one up to several times. I’ve gotten to where now when I get it to work properly with 480i (I.e. not losing the image) that I just leave the unit powered on.

2. This sounds like a different issue but may also could be firmware related. Try the earlier version, test and let us know.