Reply To: DVI+Audio to HDMI and audio. Also, upgrades?

NewHome Forums OSSC & OSSC Pro OSSC – Discussion and support DVI+Audio to HDMI and audio. Also, upgrades? Reply To: DVI+Audio to HDMI and audio. Also, upgrades?

ShootTheCore
Participant

Yep, I do agree that the Monoprice unit looks similar to the Lindy, and the StarTech unit Amazon sells looks just like the other two. I would not be surprised if all three are the same units with different branding. Are there any alternatives out there worth considering?

On the HDMI output, I had forgotten that the DIY HDMI output was video only. I’d read that before, but it slipped my mind. It would be ideal to one day be able to plug in a direct HDMI cable and get clean digital video and audio without going through any adapters or converters. I understand that may never happen, but I’ll cross my fingers and hope for it anyway.

I know an HDMI integrators license has been the deal-breaker in including HDMI so far. Please understand that I’m not trying to be a troll here or stir up drama, but I’m genuinely curious what the creators of the HDMI NES, N64, and GameCube internal mods did in that regard. Are they paying for the expensive license and trying to make it back in the cost of the mods? Or is the license not necessary since these are all internal add-in mods to existing consoles rather than a seperate, complete unit like the OSCC?