Best place to buy a C11 capacitor for SNES ghosting fix in the UK?

NewHome Forums Repairs, Mods and Upgrades Best place to buy a C11 capacitor for SNES ghosting fix in the UK?

Viewing 1 post (of 1 total)
  • Author
    Bananmos
    Participant

I am considering doing the ghosting fix on my PAL 1CHIP SNES, as described in https://www.retromodwiki.com/wiki/SNES_1-chip_Ghosting#Notes

And I am wondering if anyone here would be able to point me to a supplier in the UK that sells the (0.47uf) capacitor to replace C11 with, that has the same dimensions as the original C11? Preferably one that deals in small quantities, so you don’t have to fork out > £20 when you really just need a single one.

After some searching, I recently got what I though was a good little deal on eBay of 100x capacitor for < £2… only to realise to my disappointment that the 0805 spec allows for a great deal of variation in thickness, and that the capacitor I bought is equally thick on both sides rather than flat on one side, and way too big to fit under the SuperCIC board.

Bit of a shame really that this tiny little thing isn’t available from the DIY store here at videogameperfection.com…

Viewing 1 post (of 1 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.