OSSC signal randomly dropping

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 18 total)
  • Author
    Destabilize
    Participant

Had my OSSC for over a year and never had an issue now randomly it keeps losing signal for a second, screen goes black and then comes back on. Happens in action so not an issue with cutscenes ect…. Tried without my capture card and when using it the recording also drops. Tried a different HDMI and currently using a scart cable from the PS2 into the OSSC .
      The OSSC light stays green and I have tried firmware upgrades and resetting all the settings.
      I have tried a different game that runs at a different resolution and a different PS2 and still makes no difference.
      Video of what happens on the recording: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LSSIUSvIHGk&feature=youtu.be
      On OBS the screen also goes black but doesnt show in the recording. Sometimes I can play for 40 mins and it happens once and sometimes it can happen 3 times in 5 mins. Any ideas what could be causing this? Thanks

Sestain
      Participant

What mode are you using on the 240p/288p PC? Set that LineX mode to 320×240 optim, since Rayman 1 is 320×240.
        With Line5x mode, I use Line5x format on 1600×1200 for a 4:3 aspect ratio.
        If you are still having issues, you could try lowering LineX if you still encounter issues with my timings.

My timings for 320×240 (NTSC PS1) on PS2:
        H. samplerate: 428.75
        H. synclen: 31
        H. backporch: 49
        H. active: 320
        V. synclen: 3
        V. backporch: 10
        V. active: 240
        Sampling phase: 292deg

marqs
        Participant

Sounds like a defective board if it has started doing it suddenly after one year in same setup.

Destabilize
          Participant

Tried adjusting the settings and still not working. Going to try and use AV cables and see if it does that with those cabled. (Hopefully its just the scart part of the board is broken)

Destabilize
            Participant

New cables do the same thing so I guess my OSSC is bad

Destabilize
              Participant

Update:

I got a new OSSC and same thing has happened. I am so confused. I have tried different console, monitor, ossc, all different wires, different game, different plug sockets. Nothing makes sense. It never used to do this but now something is causing this.

marqs
                Participant

Have you tried adjusting any of the sync settings like analog sync Vth? Also, is the new OSSC v1.8 board with v1.08 firmware?

Destabilize
                  Participant

Yeah I have adjusted them from low to high and all latest firmware and hasnt fixed it

marqs
                    Participant

Has any other device added been on the chain or outlet after it had been working stable? If you have tried different OSSCs, cables, PSUs and PS2s, then it sounds like something else is generating noise on video chain or power network.

Destabilize
                      Participant

No nothing has changed. I purchased a cheap hdmi adapater for the PS2 and the issue doesnt happen with that. 😕

marqs
                        Participant

Would be interesting to debug the setup since I’ve not heard others having issues with PS2 sync. Even more strange is if the red LED does not blink during the cutout while you still get the OSD popup with v1.08 fw.

Destabilize
                          Participant

I just recorded the OSSC while the issue was happening and it does blink red for half a second:

Not sure if this gived any other clues on what could be wrong.

• This reply was modified 9 months, 2 weeks ago by Destabilize.
                            • This reply was modified 9 months, 2 weeks ago by Destabilize.
                            Destabilize
                            Participant

I have tried cycling through all the Vsync options and sometimes it makes the problem worse but never fixes the issue

Destabilize
                              Participant

I ended up getting this /sony-playstation-2-ps2-rgb-scart-cable-composite-sync-CSYNC hoping a High quality cable fixes it. Ill keep this updated either way.

Destabilize
                                Participant

Can confirm the cable has fixed the issue

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 18 total)
                                • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.