OSSC v1.xx series beta firmware

NewHome Forums OSSC, OSSC Pro and DExx-vd isl OSSC – Discussion and support OSSC v1.xx series beta firmware

Tagged: 

Viewing 15 posts - 211 through 225 (of 326 total)
  • Author
    BuckoA51
    Keymaster

If it’s not responding to the remote you probably need to follow the procedure here:- https://junkerhq.net/xrgb/index.php?title=OSSC#Remote_control_setup

Marcelo Ramos
      Participant

Hi guys!

I made a mod and updated my firmware of OSSC from 0.90 to 1.09 and now I have only start screen. I can adjust settings like 6x and HDR. But when I connect any console to the SCART, there’s no image, only the message NO SYNC. tried firmwares from 1.01 to 1.08. It didn’t work. Going back to 0.90, everything works fine.

I’ve checked the mod points and everything seems correct. Can you help me?OSSC MOD

Pushky
        Participant

OK, so the problem! the mod is done! it locks great on av1 and av2 and does work, av3 started not working and scrambling with the auto detect feature

• This reply was modified 7 months, 2 weeks ago by Pushky.
          • This reply was modified 7 months, 1 week ago by Pushky. Reason: further testing
          Tsukiko
          Participant

Hi Marcelo,

I had a similar issue, if it has no sync showing at v1+ it means that the sync mod isn’t supplying the sync signal to the chip (which is what happened me because i messed up). If it still works at v0.9 but not v1 it means that the mod didn’t take. Confirm solder points and cable and going to the right pin on the right chip.

Marcelo Ramos
            Participant

Hi Tsukiko! Thanks for the sugestion.

I’ll start with checking and I discovered on my board that pin 25 is grounded. Do i need to lift pin 25 to solve the problem? Could it damage the device?

Tsukiko
              Participant

Hi Marcelo,
                Sorry, I don’t know the details of the tracks and chips on the board, it might be best to wait until one of the more experienced members can comment on it. I hope someone can help you further with getting it to work. Might be worthwhile taking more detailed close-up photos of both solder points and saying if it’s an official ossc or not (non-official might be differently built).

Marcelo Ramos
                Participant

I purchased OSSC from VGP in 2017. It is version 1.6. The problem is that pin 25 is grounded. This way, nothing happen adding a wire between TVP7002 pin 25.

One test would be to lift the pin to eliminate grounding, but I’m afraid it could damage the device.

Morpheus_79
                  Participant

It is version 1.6. The problem is that pin 25 is grounded.

Are you sure it’s grounded? The schematics for v1.6 don’t show a connection to anything at all for pin 25:

Even the schematics for v1.3 show no connection:

Marcelo Ramos
                    Participant

Pin 25 is actually not grounded. I think the first solder must have touched another part of the board, causing grounding. I redid it and now it’s ok. Thank you very much tsukiko an Morpheus_79 for the answers.

Phoenix73
                      Participant

VERY new to this OSSC stuff. I have a McBazel OSSC V1.6. I tried to update the firmware, but it would show as “no sync”. I tried the mod on the first page, but it is giving me an error. I had to go all the way down to 0.90v to get my screen back. Is there any way around this? Thank you!

Morpheus_79
                        Participant

I tried the mod on the first page, but it is giving me an error.

Your OSSC gives you an error? What does the error message say?

Is there any way around this?

The 1.xx NEEDS the hardware modification. So: no.

Pushky
                          Participant

As above. weird problem, mod done! autodetect worked great! from a time after (tried all firmwares) the auto-detect breaks on the av3 rgsb, if it turn that feature off i can use av1 av2 and av3 rgbhv, the only one that gives problems is rgsb av3. any idea? thank you

DaveDoc1984
                            Participant

Hi, So I am seeing some weird results when trying 1.08 or 1.09. (Yes I have done the Modification and checked with my Multi-Meter to ensure all is connected as it should be with no Shorts).

For Example, SEGA Dreamcast via VGA, on 1.08 it works fine. However when I update to 1.09 I get NO Sync whatsoever so no Display…

With 1.08, When used with my Retro PC (which has a 3DFX Voodoo 3 3000 AGP Graphics Card) the OSD stays on and constantly the Resolution and Frequency counter is flickering and changing rapidly. Either side of the Screen is cut off too which I can’t work out how to put this right (as it was when I was running 0.90 before). However, If I knock the Resolution down from 1024×768 to 800×600 within Windows 98…. The colours go all dark and screwed up….

With 1.09, my Retro PC won’t even Sync up at all (same behaviour as the Dreamcast) so I get no Display. Is there something I could have done wrong here?

DaveDoc1984
                              Participant

My wire appeared to have pinged off. I have since re-soldered it, made sure its more solid this time and now its syncing up fine even with 1.09.

Hello everybody,

My first message here but I have been a long-time lurker. Thank you for the wealth of information that is available in here, it has helped me a lot, numerous times.

A few hours ago I completed the mod on my OSSC 1.6 (the laser orange transparent kind) and it works BUT, I pulled a bit of the trace from the R35 spot that I was supposed to solder on. Right now my wire is connected to the lifted trace (about 2 mm :)) and is going to U1.

I was able to:
                                – Update the firmware via SD image (1.08)
                                – See the test pattern
                                – See my AV1 Scart input from my Amiga 1200 to my Dell 2007fpb TFT monitor.

I suppose that’s good, but that lifted trace is keeping me on my toes… but I fear that going from U1 directly to pin 46 of U2 (EP4CE15E22 / Cyclone IV FPGA) is never going to be any easier for me, with a normal soldering iron. I am not sure I have thin enough wires for that. Soldering to R35 is definitely easier. I’ll see if it works (sync was good on the Amiga in 288p) and then take it from there, I can afford keeping the OSSC “open” without the top case and at least check basic functionality, before I completely melt it 🙂

I am not sure how many people are reporting on beta 1.xx with Amiga computers, I’ll be happy to add my experience (I’ve been using an OSSC 1.6 with my A1200 since end of 2021).

Many thanks for this amazing opportunity!

Viewing 15 posts - 211 through 225 (of 326 total)
                              • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.