OSSC v1.xx series beta firmware

NewHome Forums OSSC, OSSC Pro and DExx-vd isl OSSC – Discussion and support OSSC v1.xx series beta firmware

Tagged: ,

Viewing 15 posts - 286 through 300 (of 317 total)
  • Author
    marqs
    Participant

For me 15 profiles get loaded and their names are then shown under load/save profile options. There does not seem to be any changes from defaults in them, though. That is also seen in imported json output.

Konsolkongen
      Participant

Yep, that’s what I want. I need to redo all profiles anyway as I use the OSSC as bridge on the Morph. So really just need the names.

I just tried flashing the .bin file on Windows, but that made no difference either.

Is it normal for the OSSC to become unresponsive when it says “X slots loaded”? I used that same 2GB card to update to 1.10 just a few days ago.

EDIT:

I think my OSSC is v1.6. I did the wire mod for 6x 240p and I also did the mod for DIY latency test if that makes a difference.

• This reply was modified 1 month, 3 weeks ago by Konsolkongen.
        marqs
        Participant

It’s strange since your picture shows 7 profiles getting loaded even though the file clearly has full 15 (even though last 8 are not named). The unresponsiveness is a bug that will be fixed in 1.11 (out soon). Board revision and mods should not be relevant here.

Konsolkongen
          Participant

The 7 profiles loaded was an earlier attempt where I disabled the rest of them on the website. Sorry for the confusion :/

Konsolkongen
            Participant

Maybe it was my USB SD Card reader. Tried another one and now it worked 🙂

marqs
              Participant

That’s really strange if it did selectively omit some data portions from the image.

marqs
                Participant

v1.11 is now out:

* Extend Lumacode support to NES
                  * Add 480p/576p Line3x mode
                  * Restore settings export function
                  * Add display compatibility options (ADC/FPGA PLL BW, HPLL2x)

owlnonymous
                  Participant

I upgraded to 1.11a tonight on one of my OSSCs. I am getting a lot of capture drops and audio pops.

My other OSSC running 1.10a doesn’t seem to be dropping the capture or having audio pops.

marqs
                    Participant

Are you sure you’re comparing to 1.10 and not 1.09 or earlier? 1.10 brought in Lumacode which requires tighter sampling tolerance which can reduce compatibility, but with v1.11 that can be reverted by setting ADC PLL BW to medium.

unmaker
                      Participant

Hi, would it be possible to release the 1.11 firmware in JTAG format? I’m getting “Invalid format” with SD cards and I don’t have any smaller than 32gb

xepher573
                        Participant

Firmware 1.11 fixed all my issues with sync on ps1 and ps2 (@480i). Thanks marqs!

eightbit
                          Participant

Thank you marqs for the continued OSSC support! I just received mine from VGP a week or two ago and I have already updated the firmware twice (to latest v1.11a now). Much appreciated!

marqs
                            Participant
                              unmaker
                              Participant

I did check for it last night and found you had uploaded it. I was able to successfully update the firmware. Thank you!

Patrick Sestak
                                Participant

thank you marqs for continous improving the OSSC and making this Device even better!

please don’t stop and continue your great work…

what I’ve noticed with your latest 1.11 changes and implementing 640/768p 3x support, is that everything works great wit Consoles PS2/Wii etc. but on my side, there are problems with VGA Input and 640×480 on my 3dfx Voodoo 5 Setup.

The Picture in this Mode is way off and about 20 to 25 percent are cut on the left and right side of the screen, regardless what settings I use.

Do you have a VGA setup and have a look? I’ve tested in all modes with and without AntiAliasing.

Another very nice to have, would be the implementation of 400p VGA mode auto detection as described here

https://github.com/marqs85/ossc/issues/110

this would make your little Baby THE near perfect Device for Me, cause I’m doing a lot of DOS Stuff!

again, lot of thanks for your efforts and sorry for my English 🙂

Viewing 15 posts - 286 through 300 (of 317 total)
                                • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.