OSSC v1.xx series beta firmware

NewHome Forums OSSC, OSSC Pro and DExx-vd isl OSSC – Discussion and support OSSC v1.xx series beta firmware

Tagged: 

Viewing 15 posts - 46 through 60 (of 326 total)
  • Author
    marqs
    Participant

Previously mentioned issues have been now fixed and firmware link on the opening post updated to v1.02.

Aluminite
      Participant

I just noticed that 240p mode on the Wii displays wrong on 1.02, with far too much brightness. Interestingly, this only happens on my Wii. Using my PS2 (these are the only two consoles I have available) in 240p games works completely fine. Both of them work properly on firmware 0.90.

BuckoA51
        Keymaster

That’s a strange one, standard Wii with standard component cables, or some other method of connecting?

Aluminite
          Participant

Just a regular Wii with regular component cables. It has a lot of homebrew stuff installed but that shouldn’t affect the video output.

BuckoA51
            Keymaster

Ok, since the Wii in my setup already has the Wii dual mod, I’ll see if I can find my regular old Wii in the attic and see if I can replicate this.

marqs
              Participant

Does it help if you reduce Video in proc->Clamp/ALC offset?

Aluminite
                Participant

Looks like increasing, not decreasing Clamp/ALC offset fixes the problem. I set it to about 60 and the brightness is normal now. Would this be okay to leave on for all sources, even those which were working fine before?

ryouga
                  Participant

Ok not realising I needed to do a hardware mod I have flashed mine and it seems to work, I just bought it (its a clone I assume, McBazel brand) but seems to work fine, I used to have a Kaico branded one but I broke it when I plugged in wrong PSU after a house move.

Does the firmware flash on a board without the mod? Or did I just get lucky and get a newer board, just so I know if I should downgrade just in case.

EDIT : I also only tested on a PAL SNES which is modded with things like dual frequency, and using HD Retrovision cables, I get the same problem as another poster where the picture is too bright, I just assumed it was my cables but now not sure.

• This reply was modified 1 year, 4 months ago by ryouga.
                    marqs
                    Participant

Does the firmware flash on a board without the mod? Or did I just get lucky and get a newer board, just so I know if I should downgrade just in case.

It would be surprising if some seller already updated their PCB for this yet unofficial feature. Do you remember which firmware version the board was shipped with? The firmwares can be freely flashed back and forth but v1-series just does not function correctly on unmodified v1.7 or earlier PCBs.

I’ll need to take a look why the clamp position is not automatically set correctly. Meanwhile you should be able to fix the brightness issue by manually adjusting the offset.

uncon
                      Participant

I just wanted to drop some feedback on this mod/firmware. I completed the mod pretty easily, and after flashing 1.02, my OSSC v1.6 is finally working with my reto DOS PC (SVGA / Voodoo 3). The image quality is absolutely flawless. I am in love again. Thank you, marqs!

marqs
                        Participant

The brightness issue is now fixed and fw link on the opening post updated to v1.03. Mask option is also restored, and it’s now configurable per preset (found under sampling opt -> adv. timing).

BuckoA51
                          Keymaster

I just wanted to drop some feedback on this mod/firmware. I completed the mod pretty easily, and after flashing 1.02, my OSSC v1.6 is finally working with my reto DOS PC (SVGA / Voodoo 3). The image quality is absolutely flawless. I am in love again. Thank you, marqs!

Very happy to get this feedback too, this was definitely a setup that caused issues in the past.

sofakng
                            Participant

Does this firmware improve compatibility with DOS PCs?

I also have a DExx board but I usually don’t have it connected to the DE10-Nano because I’m using MiSTer with dual SDRAM.  However, I’ve been searching for the best way to convert VGA/SVGA (DOS) to my 1440p monitor (at 70 Hz).

If anybody has any other advice, info, or experiences with this please let me know!

BuckoA51
                              Keymaster

Yes it can improve compatibility with that, specifically it may prevent sync dropouts in certain circumstances.

sofakng
                                Participant

Thanks very much.  I’ve performed the modification and updated successfully.  I’ll run a few tests in the next few days.

Viewing 15 posts - 46 through 60 (of 326 total)
                                • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.