OSSC v1.xx series beta firmware

NewHome Forums OSSC, OSSC Pro and DExx-vd isl OSSC – Discussion and support OSSC v1.xx series beta firmware

Viewing 15 posts - 106 through 120 (of 318 total)
  • Author
    BuckoA51
    Keymaster

I did not notice any issue with my AES but my TV won’t support 6x.

nrq
      Participant

A VRR flag is technically possible but I doubt it would be any help without actual VRR output. Does your Famicom/NESRGB have dejitter mod and do you have similar issues with other 240p sources?

Only with the NESRGB modded Famicom, which is not dejitter modded anymore, since I found I have no problem with OSSC on 0.X Firmware and the Retrotink 5X, but the dejitter mod clashed with the FDS RAM adapter (shmups). Dejitter modded SNES works perfectly fine and looks rock solid.

Another request that’s probably too late with the OSSC Pro around the corner is 7/6 pixel aspect ratio in 256×240 Pseudo 4:3 DAR, which would make AR identical to the RT5X and is the same percentage off as the 8/6 pixel ratio currently used in 4:3 mode (6.6%).

• This reply was modified 11 months, 2 weeks ago by nrq.
        diablonet
        Participant

I tried version 1.06, with 6x, audio issues, with 5x or lower, everything runs fine.

sosafire
          Participant

Hello,

Would it be possible to make an option to have 960p in a standard 1080p window, 240×5, 480×2) and a 2560x1440p window for the 6x ?

Compatibility would be much greater! I only have access to 720p maximum…

rocm
            Participant

480i Passthrough mode isnt working properly on the newer 1.06 software, I get a very zoomed in picture. Reverted back to 0.90 and it works fine again.

BuckoA51
              Keymaster

Hello,

Would it be possible to make an option to have 960p in a standard 1080p window, 240×5, 480×2) and a 2560x1440p window for the 6x ?

Compatibility would be much greater! I only have access to 720p maximum…

No this would need a frame buffer.

480i Passthrough mode isnt working properly on the newer 1.06 software

Did it work on 1.05 or earlier 1.0x branch? What console were you using? PS2?

rocm
                Participant

PS2, and no, havent tried the other versions as 1.06 is supposed to be the best one.

sosafire
                  Participant

So is it possible to have this option(frame buffer) or is the ossc not powerful enough for this kind of thing?

BuckoA51
                    Keymaster

OSSC classic does not have a frame buffer.

backdash
                      Participant

Will the HW mod be changed/expanded for earlier revisions so that the functionality of the red LED is restored for these models? That would be very nice.

• This reply was modified 11 months, 2 weeks ago by backdash.
                        • This reply was modified 11 months, 2 weeks ago by backdash.
                        BuckoA51
                        Keymaster

For folks that asked, I wasn’t able to get a picture using 288p x 6 but 288p x 5 worked very nicely on my Dell monitor although the post processing effects were too pronounced to look realistic imo.

Robeena
                          Participant

I removed the resistor and added the mod wire, tested with 0.90, working as normal. Updated to 1.06, nothing on the monitor, not even the test pattern. I think I may have lifted the pad under pin 25, is this critical? It’s hard to see whether it goes anywhere.

marqs
                            Participant

I’ve now fixed the phase adjustment bug but cannot reproduce the issue with YCbCr444 or 480i Passthrough. On the latter OSD was oversized which I fixed but otherwise picture was as intented. I had to recently optimize some code which sets checksums for HDMI metadata that could have affected these. Can you test v1.04 to see if YCbCr444 or 480i are present there as well?

@Robeena
                              : it’s not critical. Can you try setting output mode to DVI or try fw v1.04? If that doesn’t help, you can downgrade to v0.90 for now without reverting the mod.

LaminGaming
                              Participant

Here’s a screenshot of what I was talking about, the image has a pink tint when setting it to YCbCr444. Which is strange, as it didn’t do this on fw 0.90.

FW 1.06:

FW 0.90:

LaminGaming
                                Participant

I just checked 1.04 and it has no issues with limited range.

Viewing 15 posts - 106 through 120 (of 318 total)
                                • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.