OSSC v1.xx series beta firmware

NewHome Forums OSSC, OSSC Pro and DExx-vd isl OSSC – Discussion and support OSSC v1.xx series beta firmware

Viewing 15 posts - 121 through 135 (of 318 total)
  • Author
    Paranoid_Andy
    Participant

@BuckoA51

Sorry for the delayed response. I was a little under the weather for a few days.

That helps explain things about the masks needing 5x minimum. I was using 4x. I’ll get a higher multiple a try. Thanks!

• This reply was modified 11 months, 2 weeks ago by Paranoid_Andy.
      Robeena
      Participant

Thank you Marqs!!! That was it! I think you just saved me hours of debugging 🙂

marqs
        Participant

I’ve now uploaded v1.07 which should fix the issues reported here.

rocm
          Participant

This is what it looks like on 1.06, will try the new firmware right now.

Edit: Fixed on 1.07, thanks marqs!

• This reply was modified 11 months, 2 weeks ago by rocm.
            • This reply was modified 11 months, 2 weeks ago by rocm.
            clintkolodziej
            Participant

Is this firmware compatible with the v1.5-DVI (w/audio) or earlier revisions or only the v1.6+ HDMI revisions?

BuckoA51
              Keymaster

It’s compatible with earlier revisions too including DVI and DVI with Borti’s audio board.

SavagePencil
                Participant

What’s the recommended path for manipulating profiles in the 1.XX world? I inadvertently lost my 0.90 profiles when I updated and want to know if there’s a way to migrate them or if I have to re-do them from scratch. The online tool only appears to go up to version 0.89.

marqs
                  Participant

What’s the recommended path for manipulating profiles in the 1.XX world? I inadvertently lost my 0.90 profiles when I updated and want to know if there’s a way to migrate them or if I have to re-do them from scratch. The online tool only appears to go up to version 0.89.

At the moment the online tool does not support v1.XX series so the profiles would need to be generated manually. You can temporarily downgrade and write settings on paper since they are still on the flash (unless you’ve overwritten the same slots on the new fw).

SavagePencil
                    Participant

Got it. And the new FW won’t reliably migrate settings that were built in 0.xx, correct?

sofakng
                      Participant

Is this new firmware able to support VGA (720×400, etc) to 1440p @ 70 Hz using pixel repetition?

snax
                        Participant

@marqs, would it be possible to allow the reverse LPF to take negative values and thereby function as a forward LPF?  This would be helpful for blurring dithering patterns in Genesis/Mega Drive games.  The RetroTINK-5X allows this with its equivalent “pre-emphasis” filter taking negative values.

uchristo
                          Participant

Will we regain the possibility to name the Profiles? I‘m a bit lost at the moment because I’ve got to map the connected system to the slot id on a paper currently :-X

edit: opened an issue: https://github.com/cmcginty/ossc/issues/1

• This reply was modified 11 months ago by uchristo.
                            marqs
                            Participant

Is this new firmware able to support VGA (720×400, etc) to 1440p @ 70 Hz using pixel repetition?

@marqs, would it be possible to allow the reverse LPF to take negative values and thereby function as a forward LPF? This would be helpful for blurring dithering patterns in Genesis/Mega Drive games. The RetroTINK-5X allows this with its equivalent “pre-emphasis” filter taking negative values.

While both are technically possible, neither is supported right now.

snax
                              Participant

Some random observations since modifying and upgrading my OSSC to 1.07:

• Line6x works on my TV, but my USB3HDCAP chokes on it.  I suspect the resolution is just too high for it.
                                • Video mode changes in Line6x tend to cause sound to cut out (e.g. FMVs in Mega Man X4 on PS1).  Toggling the audio downsampling setting restores sound.  Turning on full TX setup seems to prevent this issue.  Line5x and lower don’t seem affected.
                                • I generally use custom sampling settings with 224 active lines to eliminate the vertical overscan/unsafe area entirely rather than just masking it off with a border.  When doing this in Line6x 256×240 optimized mode, my TV interprets the output as 16:9.  Setting the 256×240 aspect to 1:1 cancels this out and results in a roughly 4:3 image.
                                • Shadow masks are cool, but seem a bit too aggressive given the available resolution.  Even in Line6x, the A-Grill setting has extremely chunky “phosphors” that cause significant color fringing on white text.  It also introduces an ugly shimmering effect on scrolling backgrounds.  The TV and PVM settings are less aggressive and look good from a distance when combined with scanlines.
                                SweetSweetBulbs
                                Participant

@marqs

Hey there. First post on this forum. Anyways, I just completed the mod and updated to FW 1.0.7. I came from 0.88a. First thing I’ve noticed is that the Allow upsample2x option causes a black screen whereas on the previous version it did not.

Any idea on the issue here?

Thanks

• This reply was modified 11 months ago by SweetSweetBulbs. Reason: Enabled email notifications
                                Viewing 15 posts - 121 through 135 (of 318 total)
                                • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.