Philips CDi 470 RGB mod

NewHome Forums Repairs, Mods and Upgrades Philips CDi 470 RGB mod

Viewing 15 posts - 16 through 30 (of 33 total)
  • Author
    AlexS
    Participant

Thank you very much for your help, I hope this will do the trick

AlexS
    Participant

I’m sorry I have to ask again, but just to be sure: are you referring to this part on your github-page:”Built-in RGB Enable pad. No more soldering in a pull-up resistor.”?

AlexS
    Participant

Of course I mean this part, please forget the upper posting:”470 (Tested Working. Requires Solder Jumper to Left.)”

AlexS
    Participant

<p style=”text-align: left;”>Of course I mean this part, please forget the upper posting:”470 (Tested Working. Requires Solder Jumper to Left.)”</p>

AlexS
    Participant

Also about your second hint:”They also don’t need to solder the RGB enable pad because they moved the resistor on the mainboard” does this mean we don’t have to do part 4 of your instructions, because we did part 5, removing the 3171 resistor? Sorry that we need to ask so often, but this seems to be trickier than expected. Thank you for your help

AlexS
    Participant

Current status

AlexS
    Participant

Back again, still not done. Our assumption is that we have to remove the resistor from pin 13, this might activate RGB. Anyone can confirm this?

AlexS
    Participant

About the last pic I posted: here the resistor is set on 3161 which should activate RGB. 3170 is composite video, this  resistor is on the back side on mass flow/minus but it could also be done on the front side on Plus. Any idea which one is the correct one? Thank you!

BuckoA51
    Keymaster

I’ll see if I can get Chris’ attention again!

BuckoA51
    Keymaster

“You should remove any wire you may have soldered to pin 13, but leave the resistor you soldered at 3161.

Then make sure that you solder the jumpers to the left for RGB signals”

• This reply was modified 1 year ago by BuckoA51.
    AlexS
    Participant

Thank you for your help, it’s working! Mostly. All jumpers are left now, but is it normal that conposite is still working? Also, the image is too bright, see the pics below. Any final clues to solve this would be very welcome. Thank you!

• This reply was modified 1 year ago by AlexS.
    AlexS
    Participant

AlexS
    Participant

Rgb too light

AlexS
    Participant

Composite

AlexS
    Participant

Viewing 15 posts - 16 through 30 (of 33 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.