Problem with TVP7002PZP.

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • Author
    Raph_friend
    Participant

Hi.
      I just finished to assembly the SMD part, but i have a problem with TVP7002PZP. The pin 39/69 (DVDD) are in shorting with ground, so will affect C37, that, obvious will be in a short. I have 2x TVP7002PZP and tested both, with same result, even on a board with only TVP7002PZP soldered. I took a look on TVP7002PZP datasheet (http://www.ti.com/lit/ds/symlink/tvp7002.pdf, pag6), says that Supply voltage range: DVDD to DGND, but i din’t understand well, it is possible that DVDD is internaly short with GND? Or my 2 TVP7002PZP are fried even if i never turned it on? LOL

Thanks.

Deleted User
      Participant

Can you post a high resolution close up picture of the board and the chip on it?

I’ll be home in an hour or so and can check then. I don’t have the pinout in my head.

Raph_friend
        Participant

Surely.

PIC 1

PIC 2

Deleted User
          Participant

Those links don’t show up for me. 😉

I just checked, and 68, 69 shouldn’t have continuity for sure, and 39 is on the same rail and goes under the chip. So if one is shorted, so is the other one for sure.

So I’m assuming the chip is shorted, solder bridge or there is a short somewhere else.

OR… you’re holding the chip the wrong way around, hence the pictures just to make sure.

I messed up the orientation once myself.

Raph_friend
            Participant

I think you can see it now.
              Unfortunately, the problem persist even with the CI disassembled.
              Maybe the chinas sent me burned CIs, i’ll order new ones from Mouser.
              Thank you friend.

Deleted User
              Participant

Yes, if the chip is actually shorted, it’s gone.

But with the chip removed, make sure the short is gone on the board before using a new one!

Good luck!

Raph_friend
                Participant

Yes, without the CI everything is ok.

Thank you friend.

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
                • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.