SNES 1CHIP/Mini RGB Bypass Mod – No Picture

NewHome Forums Repairs, Mods and Upgrades SNES 1CHIP/Mini RGB Bypass Mod – No Picture

Viewing 1 post (of 1 total)
  • Author
    Tom Goodchild
    Participant

Hello there perfection forum.

I installed Voltar’s RGB mod on a second hand Super Famicom Junior I acquired off of ebay. It was working, but seemed to be a bit unreliable, but has now completely stop working at all (I am perfectly willing to accept responsibility for cocking up the mod, but I was hoping that perhaps you guys can help me track down the problem).

One of the wrinkles is that I only briefly checked the Super Famicom worked before performing the mod, so am a little bit unsure that it isn’t the snes itself that’s causing the probllem.

So, how do I diagnose what the problem is and then work out how to fix it? I have a multi-meter, and a composite cable, as well as a retro gaming cables super famicom RGB cable as well. According to the OSSC output, the console seems to sometimes gives out a 262p signal, and sometimes gives out a 525i signal, that makes me think perhaps the c-sync is grounding or something? Also, it sometimes gives a static image of garbage, but more often than not, just gives out a blank screen. Finally, using a composit cable also gives out no video signal (but it did before).

Any help would be appreciated.

Tom.

Viewing 1 post (of 1 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.