Tim Worthington’s RGB N64 problem. Interference? Fuzz?

NewHome Forums Repairs, Mods and Upgrades Tim Worthington’s RGB N64 problem. Interference? Fuzz?

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • Author
    ramunegaming
    Participant

Hello guys, I’ve recently bought a OSSC and I’m trying to get the clearest image I can out of my RGB modded PAL N64. I think I’ve nailed the clarity of the capture pretty well (using FirebrandX profiles, still need to do timings so not quite there yet) but I have quite a noticeable issue. It’s a bit hard to explain but I have interference? or maybe it can be described as fuss on my capture. I was wondering if anyone knew how to fix this as it’s the last problem I need to fix. I did notice on the official guide there were new steps since this mod was installed (originally modded like 6/7 years ago by VGP) maybe that could help but I wanted some confirmation before I start fiddling about.

Below I’ve tried my best to cover all grounds to give you guys as much information as possible. Any help would be appreciated.

Setup: N64 PAL -> RGC RGB sync as LUMA cable -> OSSC scart in -> OSSC HDMI out -> Capture card. (I’ve checked as well even on my PVM I get this so seems to be an issue with console or MOD)

Video: https://youtu.be/PGlbFxLVeB8 (The problem is easiest seen to the right on the red curtains. I’ve checked some other games and while it’s harder to see it is still prevalent)

Image of mod: https://cdn.discordapp.com/attachments/194824436690452480/766300069993119744/IMAG3183.jpg (sorry for the terrible quality the camera on my phone sucks)(side question what is the purple wire for? as it’s just taped up.)

Any help would be appreciated.

BuckoA51
    Keymaster

Unfortunately those Tim Worthington boards never were the most noise free. It was a great mod in its day but the new Borti boards (of which we will have stock soon) have easily surpassed it.

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.